Are you stuck? Have you been trying to get your business to the next level, but don’t have the time or expertise to do it? My services include a wide range of offerings from one hour consultations for small businesses to full system implementations for large corporations.
If any of the scenarios below sound familiar, I can help!
- Business is booming, but you can’t keep up!
- You know you need an inventory tracking system, but you don’t know how to decide what you should be looking for or where.
- You’ve just hired ten new people and need a cost efficient way to track their personal information, pay them and implement a time tracking system that’s easy to use.
- You’ve just merged or acquired another company and now you need to decide which systems from each company you are going to keep and how you are going to move the data from one into the other.
What is Business Analysis?
Business Analysis is the practice of enabling change in an organizational context, by defining needs and recommending solutions that deliver value to stakeholders. Solutions often include a systems development component, but may also consist of process improvement, organizational change or strategic planning and policy development. The person who carries out this task is called a business analyst or BA.
Common job titles for business analysis practitioners include not only business analyst, but also business systems analyst, systems analyst, requirements engineer, process analyst, product manager, product owner, enterprise analyst, business architect, management consultant, business intelligence analyst, data scientist, and more. Many other jobs, such as management, project management, product management, software development, quality assurance and interaction design rely heavily on business analysis skills for success.
How Can Business Analysis Help my Business?
The Business Analyst is an agent of change. Business Analysis is a disciplined approach for introducing and managing change to organizations.
Business analysis is used to identify and articulate the need for change in how organizations work, and to facilitate that change. As business analysts, we identify and define the solutions that will maximize the value delivered by an organization to its stakeholders. Business analysts work across all levels of an organization and may be involved in everything from defining strategy, to creating the enterprise architecture, to taking a leadership role by defining the goals and requirements for programs and projects or supporting continuous improvement in its technology and processes.
We have the specialized knowledge to act as a guide and lead the business through unknown or unmapped territory, to get it to its desired destination. The value of business analysis is in realization of benefits, avoidance of cost, identification of new opportunities, understanding of required capabilities and modelling the organization. Through the effective use of business analysis, we can ensure an organization realizes these benefits, ultimately improving the way they do business.
Small to Medium Businesses:
- By the Hour Consultations for Small Businesses
- Operational Efficiency Audit
- Process mapping and gap analysis
- Implement new systems
- Data auditing and correction of existing databases
- Requirements Gathering for new projects or requests for proposals
- Evaluating alternatives for system solutions to address business needs
- Feasibility studies
- Data conversion: Taking data from one system and creating files so it can be used in new systems or other applications.
- Specializing in Human Resource Management Systems (HRMS/HRIS)
- Assisting on teams for larger projects
- Available by the day or by the week
- Requirements Gathering
- Customized software projects
- Data Auditing
- Data Conversion
- End User Testing
- Customized technical or training documentation
- Maximum contract length = 6 months within Ontario only.
- Specializing in: Peoplesoft HRMS, Workforce Admin/Core HR 9.0 and Custom Bolt-ons and applications
- Available by the hour, by the day or by the week
- All Business Analysis services
If you don’t see something listed here that matches your particular need, please contact me for details! I have an extensive network and if I can’t assist directly, I probably know someone who can!